Edmonton Construction Association Members
The Board is charged with acting in alignment with the ECA’s values at all times when representing and acting on behalf of the Foundation. As such, the members of the Board must adhere to the following:
- Maintaining a level of behavior that is beyond reproach.
- Adhering to the law within all activities.
- Being reliable in commitments made to and on behalf of the Board.
- Refraining from misusing the Board position and the information, benefits and stature that is inherent in the position.
- Keeping confidential matters private that are discussed or become known as a result of holding the position on the Board.
- Consistently acting honestly in fulfillment of the duties of the Board.
- Supporting and fostering an honest and respectful environment that respects the various perspectives and opinions on the Board.
In order to maintain the integrity of the Construction Industry; Members of the Edmonton Construction Association agree to follow these principles in order to maintain the integrity of the construction industry:
- All ECA members will strive to be ethical, professional, honest, and exemplary in all business practices and above reproach.
- A contractor shall use tenders only from qualified and responsible sub-contractors, manufacturers and suppliers.
- A bidder shall never make known the tender of any sub-bidder to any other sub-bidder prior to the closing of tenders; and shall never use the tender of a sub-bidder in order to secure a lower proposal from another sub-bidder.
- All bidders and sub-bidders shall be advised within a reasonable time period subsequent to bid closing as to whether or not their bid was successful; and contracts shall be awarded promptly.
- All contracts shall be awarded to the successful bidder at their tendered price.
- All contractors, manufacturers and suppliers shall be paid promptly in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- All contract revisions shall be recorded and agreed upon prior to the commencement of the work.
- All members will ensure public and employee safety in all their endeavors.