Tips For When Hiring An Edmonton Roofing Company
When you hire a roofing company, how do you know if you are hiring the right one? You will certainly contact more than one and compare their proposals. How do you compare the proposals, on what grounds? Here are some brief tips for when hiring an Edmonton roofing company. You can use the same criteria or bases to compare different roofing contractors and their estimates.
- You must check out the experience and expertise of the roofing contractor. How many years they have been in business and how many kinds of roofs, what types of projects they have handled in the past must be assessed.
- The license should be that for a roofing contractor and not for general construction or handymen. The insurance should also be that for a roofer and the coverage must be adequate and comprehensive to take care of workers’ injury claims, compensation and liability.
- Always ask for references, speak with their existing or past clients and visit a site where they are working or have worked.
- You may want to look for a rating from the Better Business Bureau to know how credible the roofing contractor is.
- You must always have an extensive consultation with a roofing contractor. Assess during the consultation if the roofing contractor is being informative or educative, if your questions are being answered and if the roofer wants to deliver what you want and need.
- A warranty should be provided by any roofing contractor, but you must delve deeper and understand the coverage and duration of the warranty along with its exemptions.
- A roofing contractor must have trained manpower. Find out what kind of training is imparted to the roofers working for the contractor and what type of projects they have worked on.
- Don’t hire a roofing contractor that doesn’t clean up after they are done.
- Always begin with a written proposal. Don’t pay anything and never agree to hire any roofing contractor unless you get a detailed proposal in writing.